Road Trip to: Penang

1:30 pm

Shortly before my internship ended, I promised myself to plan a short getaway for Desmond and I just to give myself a pat on the back for the hectic last 3 months I endured. It was definitely a debate on either the beach or the city. After stumbling across Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion's instagram a few weeks ago, I decided that I HAD to visit the place! Also, it would be nice to just immerse myself in a cultural Chinese area - after all the western influence social media has on us.

We planned for 3 days 2 nights stay at the beautiful big blue mansion just before Hari Raya! We left on Wednesday noon and arrived back home on Friday evening which was perfect timing. The highway to and fro was smooth and Georgetown was pretty much empty.
How cute is our room key! Our room is Lean Hwa, part of the Ming Collection.


Cozy lounge area right outside our room. You can smoke here.

Beautiful architecture surrounding the lounge area/rooms

I love the floor tiles! These are the stairs to their in-house restaurant, Indigo. Food review here.

My ootd is from FV Basics. Also, I snagged this basket from our room as a prop hahaha!

After checking in and drooling over the beautiful architecture, it was time to hunt for food! Our first stop was Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul. In my opinion, this place had the best Asam Laksa and Char Kuey Teow ever!!
Chendul, popiah, char kuey teow, asam laksa and some deep fried stuff i'm not sure what it's called.

After stuffing our faces, we headed back to our hotel and decided to go for a swim! Our room has direct access to the pool and oriental garden. It was like our own private backyard because it was just the 3 of us occupying the whole place. 

Erica snapped this pic of us upon Desmond's request hehe

My cover up is from FV Basics (again) and my bikini is from Zaful!

Next morning we had our complimentary breakfast at the hotel. There was a small buffet set up and we could also order ala carte meals which are cooked to order. Pictured on the right is the standard Big Breakfast (this was Erica's, mine was the more boring vegetarian version)
We then headed to Chew Jetty to look for the famous coconut ice cream. Unfortunately, it was closed but that's okay because we still had some other good ice creams!! Btw, the weather was perfect that day.


This ice cream was RM10 but it was sooo good! It was thick and creamy, the flavour was not too sweet, slightly bitter which I really enjoy in a Matcha ice cream.

Erica bought this coconut ice cream for only RM4 and it was as good as Sangkaya! Also, this lil pupper was so so cute and friendly :3

Please excuse my boyfriend's footwear. I swear he is slippers biggest fan.

Here's a photo of me and Erica who was struggling to get her hair together :D

Here's a less appealing semi-candid pic of the both of my companions. Look at the place though!

After returning back to the hotel, the three of us decided to have a mini photoshoot session ahaha, check out our pics!!
This was taken in the living hall. Pants are from Lowela.

Beautiful oriental garden right outside our back door. Erica has amazing tolerance and actually looks like she enjoys taking our couple pics hahahaha

I bought this dress from the H&M in Penang and it was on SALE!

Oh look, shoes.

They sent complimentary nyona kuih to our room! The leaf letter aww


Desmond and I had a lovely couple dinner upstairs of our hotel at Indigo, read my review here. We ditched Erica in the room but don't worry, we tapao-ed her Hainanese Chicken Chop from Khoon's Pastry House. You're welcome, Erica.

Desmond was very very annoyed on this night because we couldn't shut the fuck up and blasted High School Musical whilst dancing on the bed (that he was also sleeping on) yay us

Overall, I had such a great time in Penang. Special thanks to Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion for the stay and the amazing hospitality. It was like living in a museum, having able to immerse in such a cultural hotel was really eye-opening. I would 10/10 come back for another stay!!


Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion
14, Leith Street
10200 Penang, Malaysia
+604 262 0006
Email: reservations@cheongfatttzemansion.com



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Pretty beautiful pic u have shoot..
    U look really beautiful in all the pic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this information also visit my site please composite veneers in Islamabad

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe